Tuesday, September 4, 2012

HELP WANTED!!

My editor just informed me that my book, Using Content-Area Graphic Texts for Learning: A Guide for Middle-Level Educators  will be out in early November!!! My co-author Katie Monnin and I are really excited!
The first part of the book introduces the mechanics of today's graphic novels and details how they've changed over the years.  It also relates why these books are such effective tools for today's classrooms (for a glimpse go to :http://departingthetext.blogspot.com/2012/09/he-yes-graphic-novels-should-be-used-to.html).

The second part of the book details how graphic novels can be used in math, language arts, social studies, and science middle-school classrooms.  We relate how graphic novels can help students with various needs (along attention, memory, language, sequencing and cognitive skills) in each of these content-area classrooms. We also explain how graphic novels can be used to meet Common Core Standards for each of these content-areas. Then, we provide two lesson plans within each content-area classroom and provide extensive lists of suggested graphic novels relevant to each subject/content area.


HERE'S HOW I NEED YOUR HELP:

  •  A book launch party: If you have any ideas for a book launching party, I'd love to hear them. [We plan to make one but have, unfortunately, never been to one myself.] 
  • FREE examination copies: We will be giving at least one copy of my book away to my blog readers, asking in return that you write a review on Amazon.com  IF you'd like to help with this, please let me know.
  • Other ideas? If you have any other ideas to help promote this book, please share them in the comments.





Thank you as always for your visits and advice.  I look forward to your brainstorming ideas and interests in free examination copies in your comments.

Have a great week and I hope to see you here again soon! 


    26 comments:

    1. Great idea for H and wishing you all the best with your book launch. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

      ReplyDelete
    2. If you'd like me to review your preview copy, let me know - rogerogreen(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll review on Amazon, but will replicate on my blog.
      ROG, ABC Wednesday team

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congratulations Meryl.
      You will help many teachers because of it.
      I know you will have an amazing party too.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congratulations!

      I played too. Mine are here and here.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Congratulations! I worked for a publishing company for 9 years. Part of my job was to help new authors promote their books, set up book signings, market their books and design press releases about their books. I have information overload for you. Please email me at beesplace31 (at) gmail.com and I will be happy to share my info with you (no charge). It is just too much to put in a blog comment. I love helping new authors get the word out. I would be more than happy to preview a copy and write a review on Amazon.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Congratulation on publication!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congrats on the impending publication! I'd be happy to preview and review your book if you need any more people to do that. :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Congrats!!

      Paula
      lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hi...would love to chat with you about your book. If you would send me an e-mail @ wiseoldowldesigns@comcast.net. My web-site is http://www.jeremiah-2911.com. Thanks so much!!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Graphics bring text alive in a meaningful way. Congratulations on your success!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I am part of a secular homeschool group, aged from toddlers through high school. This could be my "activity" during one of our meetings.

      Jennifer
      home4goodmichigan.blogspot.com
      smallben@hotmail.com

      ReplyDelete
    12. The kids love graphic novels, so hopefully this book will do well. Thanks for linking up.

      http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    13. Wow! Congratulations! I'd love to review your book, but I don't have a lot of blog followers or anything.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Congrats. I would be happy to help review your book. I am at Caiafacraziness.com

      ReplyDelete
    15. Congratulations ~ no surprise ~ you write so well and great content ~ (A Creative Harbor)

      ReplyDelete
    16. Calling by from ABC Wednesday, Congratulations on your publication. I do not review this sort of book but you are welcome to publicise on my FB page. http://www.facebook.com/LindyLouMacsBookReviewsExtras/info

      ReplyDelete
    17. Hurrah, what exciting news to share!! Good luck w/your promotion period!

      ReplyDelete
    18. I have no clues about the whole launch and marketing bit, but congratulations on your publication!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Congratulations on your publication, Meryl!
      I have tried ti publish this comment for 4 times but couldn't read the letters properly. Sorry!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Congrats that sounds awesome.
      New follower from the Link and Mingle Hop.

      Nice to meet you, congrats again!

      http://beingreese.blogspot.com/

      -Reese

      ReplyDelete
    21. I always enjoy visiting your site because I know that you’ll be posting something interesting every time and this article certainly did not disappoint. It’s a great read – thank you for putting in all that work into writing such an informative piece on my favorite topic!Womens Shearling Jackets

      ReplyDelete